What is the meaning of a wedding or marriage?
Marriage is a combination of two souls together in which they promise to always live with each other. They promise each other that will share everything and with help each other in any type of situation. Therefore, the Hindu wedding is the longest wedding from all the religions. There are so many pre and post wedding rituals that take place at a Hindu wedding. If a person wants to have a life partner they can take the help of matrimonial sites to have a life partner. Matrimonial sites will also help to find the bride and groom for a second marriage after divorce also. The wedding rituals that are held at a Hindu wedding are mentioned below:
Pre-wedding rituals: These are the rituals that are held before the marriage.
- Tilak: This is a ritual that is held at the bride or groom house in which it is announced that the marriage is fixed by both the families. Both the bride and groom family do Tilak of the upcoming groom and bride and gives them money, gifts and so many other things.
- Engagement: This is the second most pre-wedding ritual that places at the groom’s or bride’s house or at a resort or palace. In this ritual both the groom and bride exchange rings and announce that soon they are going to be married. Again both the families give gifts to each other.
- Ramayana path: This is also a ritual that is held before the marriage. A pandit is invited to read the book of Ramayana and Kirtan takes place in which the groom and bride family enjoy a lot. It is individually held at both the bride and groom house.
- Mehendi: This is a wedding ritual in both the bride and groom is applied with Mehendi on their hands and along with that dancing on DJ’s and signing of the song also plays. The families and relatives enjoy a lot.
- Sangeet: This is also a pre-wedding ritual in which dancing on DJ’s take place. All the relatives, friends and families to the groom and bride dance and sing song to show how happy they are for this occasion.
- Haldi: It is also a pre-wedding ritual that takes place at both the bride and groom house. Both the bride and groom are applied haldi on them and dance on the regional song of their state. These are the pre-wedding rituals that take place. After all, these rituals wedding are held and the bride and groom are combined together as one soul. After, these post-wedding rituals take place.
Post-wedding rituals: The rituals that are held just after the marriage is completed.
- Viddai: This a post-wedding ritual in which the bride is sent to the groom house in a well-decorated car. All the family members, friends of the bride cry to show their love for the bride and tell how much they will miss after she will go.
- Swagat: This is a ritual in which the bride is welcomed by her mother-in-law to her husband’s house. Then after this reception takes place in which the people who were not invited to marriage come and see the bride. These are the post-wedding rituals that take place at a Hindu wedding.
If a divorced girl looking for marriage she can take the help of matrimonial sites and can find groom and bride according to her choice.